This year was a really good year to me, I joined a brand new bar and learned a lot while helping it grow.
I also started my own consulting & catering brand: Ducktails – Bartending & Beverage Solutions.
Besides that, my life is doing great, I’m living with the one I love!
But also, this was a great year for my cocktails understanding grow and also for my bar-tending skills to improve.
I’ll re-link 5 important post for me this year, those were good lessons.
- Understand that everything is though and intended to improve your guest experience;
- Better non-alcoholic cocktails really improve your guest happiness;
- Understand better what makes certain cocktail, build upon that;
- Also understand better your ingredients, know when to use what;
- And also understanding better your ingredients will make you know what goes well with what.
Although very simple, those 5 concepts are very strong building blocks for blowing custermer’s mind!
Much thanks for my blog-friends, friends, bartender brothers, and to my beloved baby!
As remembered by Rafael in the comments, I put to use all the 5 ingredients that I listed a year ago:
- Herbs: I made my own spiced rum and put rosemary and hibiscus in my cocktails;
- Shrubs: I made one, but it’s not accessible, doesn’t have a good smell and is very tart, have to work hard on this;
- Tinctures: I made my own orange bitters;
- Vermuth: I got to use it a lot more, along with bitters, like Cynar, Aperol and Campari;
- Beer: I can’t get enought of beermosas, shandys and even made a beertail for Grey Goose Vive la Revolucion, besides tasting a lot of beers!