So, as promised and as straight as I can make it, here are some notes about salt (regular table salt).
What we know from everyday experience:
- Salt season food (amplify odors, hence taste);
- stimulates the palate
- salt disguise bitter flavor;
- salt brightens sweetness.
How this is useful?
How can I use salt in my cocktails?
- Make a salt solution, let’s say 15g salt for 100g water;
- Measure how many DROPS you are using;
- Don’t make your cocktail taste like salt.
A good counterpoint: you can also add drops of lemon juice to cut sweetness, but also keep it unnoticeable.