Here we are again! Now it’s my time to host this amazing monthly party that is Mixology Monday!
Let’s bring the king of fruits back! After being canned, mixed with all sorts of sugary liquids and blended into
guilty pleasures not to be named some 80s dreadful cocktails, the pineapple needs more respect!
Once a symbol of hospitality, the King of fruits might be know misunderstood. One of the greatest non-citrus souring agents, used for crazy garnish ideas, infusions, old gum syrup flavoring, the pineapple is a fruit to be reckoned.
Be in a tiki cocktails, an old school classic like the Algonquin, a crazy flavor pairing or just mixed in a delicious Verdita,
get creative and make a cocktail using any part of this delicious, juicy fruit or share you favorite pineapple cocktail with us!
Want to participate? Here’s how:
- Create a cocktail using pineapple.
- Post the recipe on your blog, or the egullet’s spirit and cocktail’s forum (thread here), with a photo and your thoughts on the drink.
- Add the MxMo logo to your post with a link to the Mixology Monday website, and one back here to Bartending Notes.
- Submit a link to your post here on the announcement post, tweet me at @bartendingnotes (include hashtag #mxmo) or send an email to ducktailsbh (at) gmail (dot) com with Mixology Monday in the subject.
- Posts must be submitted by midnight June 23th.
I can’t wait to see what you all come up with (and who will be the first to post). As always, have fun and we’ll meet back here the week of the 23th!